In order of appearance
(All photos were taken on our property
with the exception of the dogwoods)
Wild Pear
Grape Hyacinth
Crabapple
Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrush
The bluebonnet is the state flower of Texas.
When I returned to Texas in 2010 we had no paintbrushes.
I made a comment to that effect on this blog
and who else but TexWisGirl came to my rescue, sending seeds.
Paintbrush has a reputation of being difficult to grow.
This spring we have almost as many of these beautiful wildflowers
as we do bluebonnets.
Thank you again, dear friend.
Dogwood
Pink Dogwood
Bearded Iris









12 comments:
These are all so colorful and beautiful. I like the Bluebonnets.
thank you, dear kathy. that made my night. truly.
Your yard must be a place of real beauty when these marvelous flowers bloom!
Your yard must be a place of real beauty when these marvelous flowers bloom!
they are all very beautiful, i like the crabapple best of all and the dogwood is second.
Now that really is a coincidence. So many beautiful photos and all right there on your property. Fabulous.
Ah, you know how to make a Northerner feel jealous, don't you?
Thanks for sharing your beautiful spring flowers! We have nothing like that here yet.
So pretty! Your place must be lovely in spring. I hope to see the famous bluebonnets one day.
Beautiful!! I am so anxious for blooms here.
Perfect spring pictures! And your iris picture looks just like Sharon's picture. My favorite flower, and I got to see two this morning!
What a sweet thing for Tex to do! Now we get to enjoy them, too. What lovely blooms. I can imagine how heady the scent is on the hyacinths. The dogwood blooms remind me of Portland.
Post a Comment