Monday, April 28, 2014

Peek-a-Boo


This terrapin crawled out of the pond and up a really steep hill to explore our backyard this morning.  When I spotted him I took my time getting the camera and wandering out there because, unlike the other backyard inhabitants, I knew he wouldn't run away before I got there.  But he did do his retreating into the shell trick as soon as I approached but I was happy to see that my camera caught his eyes and nose.  The minute I left, he very hurriedly scurried off - much faster than I would have imagined.

14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

they're so darn cute. i bet it was a female out to lay some eggs. :)

Randy said...

Your being watched.

Kaya said...

You had a wonderful visitor! And you took a fantastic picture of her or him. Great capture1

Cheryl @ TFD said...

What a cute little face! Great shot!

EG CameraGirl said...

So shy! Glad you caught his face.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

so cute and sweet...

Judy said...

What a cutie! Maybe came to see what kind of plants were in your yard to munch on. They do move faster than you would expect.

Gail Dixon said...

Yes, you got the most important features: his eyes and nose. :) Cute little thing.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Nice shot! I've been seeing more and more trying to cross the road lately..I'm glad to see most folks will try to avoid them.

Suburban Girl said...

It is neat that you captured his little face in the photos. That makes it special.

Pia said...

Oh what a wonderful visitor Kathy! I know that they are fast, our neighbour had one and whenever there was a chance, she run into our house.

Liee Grüße,
Pia

Amy Burzese said...

I see you . . . You captured his face well.

Sharon said...

He's a cute little guy and he has lots grass to chew on.

Lois Evensen said...

So cute! :)