Saturday, April 5, 2014

Cardinal Portraits


This fellow sports a few battle scars




Posing for the camera




Adolescent female

12 comments:

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

He does look a little battle-weary! Great shots!

Randy said...

Maybe the Mrs. got a hold of him with some little chickadee.

TexWisGirl said...

they're just beautiful.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

poor little guy, maybe he got into it with a blue jay or black bird. we have noticed those three fussy and fighting lately. the missus looks so sweet.. and he is so brilliant.

Kate said...

I Love, love, love your cardinal photos. I especially enjoy the female photos. . .such lovely little creatures!!

EG CameraGirl said...

These cardinals are so well behaved allowing you to take such wonderful photos of them!

Birdman said...

Great shots of the Cards.

Judy said...

You are so lucky to have these little jewels around. Living yard decorations! Perfect!

Sharon said...

What fantastic shots these are. Such beautiful birds. I love the one posing. I can almost picture a gorgeous model in that same exact pose.

Virginia said...

We have two red guys in the crape myrtle outside my sunroom window that Meeps ( my chat noir) loves to supervise. What great shots you have here.
V

Amy Burzese said...

Great shots! He does look a little worse for the wear. I bet his appetite is still good though. They are little pigs.

Gail Dixon said...

Cardinals are what got me into birding in the first place, so they will always be special to me. Very nice portraits of our colorful friend. :)