Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Stripes and Spots
It was one of those slam on the brakes, do a quick U-turn moments after I spotted a zebra grazing in a meadow with a group of paint and buckskin horses in Erath County on my road trip last weekend.. The small herd was very uncooperative in posing for photos, even though I yelled and cajoled and did everything in my power to get them to come over toward the fence. Or even to look at me for that matter! These two were intent on dancing cheek to cheek you might say! Erath County is about 100 miles south of Dallas and it has the biggest grasshoppers I've ever experienced! When I got out of the truck to wade through the tall grasses to go over to the fence, those hoppers looked like small birds bouncing through the air!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


17 comments:
Hi Kathy, this is the first time i see such an unusual pair, haha! How lovely. I wish you also put the grasshoppers!
Variations on a monochrome theme:-)
I think this picture is very cool!
hahaha, this is awesome! Funny, yet so photographically interesting. You need to enter this in one of your competitions!!
this photo, alone, makes your entire roadtrip, heat, harsh light, being locked in your hotel room, all worth it! :)
I knew you would have good shots! This one is a winner for sure! Just wonderful!
Now that's a horse of a different color! This is a great shot and I like the B&W.
Not a fan of big grasshoppers. I don't like for them to touch me.
I agree about the run away truck ramps. I'm glad they are there too. I remember that accident your talked about. It made travel a little more scary for awhile.
What a wonderful shot and what makes it even more special is that you took it in a field in Texas...not some zoo or animal park. Beautiful treatment also.
Fantastic shot!!
What a great shot! I love the "dancing cheek to cheek"!
I would have been doing a u-turn too. This is a fantastic shot. What a lucky day you had.
I tried to go after a shot of some cows in the field recently and did not notice the high grass was hiding a deep ditch. You can imagine the rest of the story.
Kathy, that is just a fabulous shot. What a weird combination, no? I live it!
That is an awesome b&w shot.
I missed this one! As a collector of Black & White fabric, I love all things B&W. Here is a Horse in Striped Pajamas and a mixed up horse (or maybe you call them zebras!)
Cheers,
Jo
An amusing photo; I'm glad that these two were uncooperative because it makes a terrific picture!
This is a wonderful shot Kathy! Just perfect!
But what is a Zebra doing there in a pasture between horses? I can´t believe they get along together.
Liebe Grüße,
Pia
Perfect shot! This is a favorite!
Post a Comment