Saturday, August 18, 2012
I Missed the Peach Festival!
Darn it, I'll bet the Peach Festival is a whooping good time, but I was a month too late! I think it's wonderful that some talented artist was commissioned to paint a tribute to the Peach Festival on the outside wall of a Weatherford, Texas, restaurant. It shows a lot of civic pride in the town's activities. I also like how the banner encircles a picture of the Parker County Courthouse, which was just across the street from this sign.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


14 comments:
That's some ad. Love it.
Love the bright colors -- sorry you missed the festival, but happy you caught the mural. :)
This is great Kathy! Love the ad!
Beautifully done! The only draw-back? Now I'm craving peach cobbler with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
Very nicely put together sign. Lovely colors.
I am ready for my slice of peach pie.
it's really pretty. i wonder if they just paint a new date on it each year. :)
If the courthouse looks anything like the painting, it's a beauty!
Thats a beautiful sign and it makes me think of a small town in South Carolina that has turned their water tank into a giant peach!
Jo
Hmm, looking at this very nice painting makes peach flavor coming out of my laptop....
Have to look what kind of fruits I have to eat NOW.
Awesome...maybe some day years from now a lovely lady of a certain age will take a picture of the ghost writing that this mural may become. :)
I hope they keep the mural and just change the date each year.
Lovely capture and I agree it is a great looking courthouse.
I'm sorry I missed it too. I love a fresh peach.
Get it on your calendar for next year!
Post a Comment