This sweet little lake at the Ellen Trout Zoo in Lufkin, Texas, about 40 miles from my home looks so tranquil. Until you see the sign at the shoreline!
Yikes Kathy! Good thing for the sign! Alligators are everywhere in Florida and yet I always get excited and somewhat scared when I see one! Nice photos!
florida is BLESSED with being the only state in the union that has BOTH alligators and crocodiles. we have signs on every pond and lake, and people just choose to ignore the signs and swim there. I have enjoyed all your rambling pics while i was in bed. i scrolled through my reader but did not comment.
Thats funny Kathy, I knew that there is a "but" when I red your post title and looked at the photo. I started searching for a hidden alligator befor I went to the second photo:-)
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
12 comments:
Yikes Kathy! Good thing for the sign! Alligators are everywhere in Florida and yet I always get excited and somewhat scared when I see one! Nice photos!
florida is BLESSED with being the only state in the union that has BOTH alligators and crocodiles. we have signs on every pond and lake, and people just choose to ignore the signs and swim there. I have enjoyed all your rambling pics while i was in bed. i scrolled through my reader but did not comment.
wow! the movie 'lake placid' comes to mind. :)
Thats funny Kathy, I knew that there is a "but" when I red your post title and looked at the photo. I started searching for a hidden alligator befor I went to the second photo:-)
I guess I won't be wading in that water. You never know what lurks beneath.
I will definitely not be going in that water. great pics!
Holy smokes....not a good place to go skinny dipping.
This is one of the reasons (of which there are many) that I only swim in chlorinated pools. If there are any alligators, they are only mosaic tiles.
Gators! That's scary. I like the tree reflection in the first shot.
I think that I'd pay close attention to the sign.
I'll keep my distance. Thanks for the warning!!
Looks can be deceiving!
Post a Comment