Thursday, May 3, 2012
Body Parts
Tomorrow bright and early I'm off to First Monday Trade Days in Canton, possibly the nation's oldest flea market. Trade Days is always held the weekend before the first Monday of the month, and since this coming Monday is May 7th, that means Trade Days is now! When I do grocery shopping I often stop and take a peek at what other shoppers have put in their carts and I have wild ideas of why they bought what they did, Sweet potatoes, pork ribs, ice cream, rye bread, lemon Jello, beets, and salsa. What in the world are they planning to make with that combination. This is the way I felt last month at Trade Days when I passed this cart with legs sticking up in the air, a torso with no arms, an old picture frame, etc. So far I haven't been able to come up with a recipe of how these items may meld into something intriguing. Maybe you can!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


18 comments:
One of these days, I'm gonna make it to Canton! I do believe if I came across that wagon of body parts, I would totally be grossed out!
They look like props for a high school drama. Or props for a Halloween party??
whatever they intend, i hope they got all that junk CHEAP. enjoy your day
Oh that's so funny! I haven't made it back to Canton yet- it's been years and years. I doubt I would recognize it now.
That's just weird!
Those body parts look pretty life like. Maybe someone was lonely and decided to build a friend.
those worn shoes are really creepy! :) wish i had the energy to hit canton! it's gonna be warm!
This looks very funny to me, she is a kind of acrobat with her legs behind.
Oh that disconnected body is just a bit alarming. But, am I ever glad you photographed it! What a picture.
Rofl!!! Oh my goodness, Kathy! You keep me entertained! How I wish I could go to Trade Days with you. Please take lots of pics so we can see what you see.
This is hilarious! I seriously choked when I saw what was in the wagon.
I did a double take on those legs sticking straight up. When I saw the bolt in the leg I realized they, too, were just pieces of, uh, whatever.... :)
I would have to go there with a big trailer.
Oh my goodness, those feet sticking up are pretty funny. And I could use that head to practice portrait lighting!!!
That picture really makes you wonder... I would have wanted to find the owner and ask what the plans were for her!
It sure would make me stop and take a second look.
Thanks for making me laugh, Kathy!
Reminds me of miss Vivienne, who waits patiently here for you.
Haha Kathy, I love this photo! No idea for what one can use this parts. But for your shot its a perfect combination!
Liebe Grüße,
Pia
Post a Comment