Snout is his name and running is his game. He is half black-mouth cur and half greyhound. He lives on property adjacent to our farm and has been known to chase cows. He's very elegant looking in my opinion.
12 comments:
Anonymous
said...
You got him to stand still for a photo - or did you have to chase him down?
I have never heard of a Black Mouth Cur. (and I worked for a vet for 12 years.) But I can see the Greyhound in him. I think Elegant is the right word for this guy.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
12 comments:
You got him to stand still for a photo - or did you have to chase him down?
Handsome fella!
gorgeous! the black-mouth cur part is really pretty and the greyhound puts in the elegance for sure!
The Mountain Cur and now the Black Mouth Cur are new critters to me, but Snout is a very beautiful guy, his eyes and face are gorgeous!
Cheers,
Jo, Stella and Zkhat
So cute...and nice!Great shot, my dear!
Kisses!
BS
He's handsome, that's for sure!
I have never heard of a Black Mouth Cur. (and I worked for a vet for 12 years.) But I can see the Greyhound in him. I think Elegant is the right word for this guy.
He is rather stately...but chasing cows...not a good thing on a farm. I love his name.
Snout is a very handsome fella Kathy, and this portrait is absolutely gorgeous!
He's a beautiful dog!
What a nice dog! I´m sure he is really fast. But chasing cows... he should look for an other hobby...
Very good locking dog!
Post a Comment