Thursday, November 17, 2011

Syrup Festival ~ Vol. 4 ~ I Saw ...


... spinners


 ... broom makers


... singers and bands
... Civil War buffs


... a young Native American dancer


... an even younger dancer


... an Indian scout eating Lay's potato chips


... and a handsome gentleman wearing a handsome hat with feathers.
The hat says CSA (Confederate States of America) but I was unsure what his costume was portraying.

One more post tomorrow on the Syrup Festival and then I'll let it be.  Thanks for coming along for the tour.

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i want to see the broom maker in action! :)

Paula said...

Lots of interesting people and costumes.

Anonymous said...

You've gotten really good at the people shots, Kathy!

Mari said...

Looks like a really fun event!

Randy said...

These are amazing. Looks like quite the event. Now I am craving Lays!

Sharon said...

Wow, lots of colorful shots here and all kinds of activities.

Judy said...

So many colorful folks at the festival!

Magpie said...

Kathy, these are all wonderful. I especially love the Civil War buff and think that would look amazing in B&W. The Native American dancer is beautifully crisp and colorful. Great job, Girl!

EG CameraGirl said...

I enjoy watching people practice their crafts.

I'm so surprised how the Confederacy seems to live on and on. 2012 is the 200th anniversary of the War of 1812...and that too seems to live on and on here in Ontario.

Pia said...

This portraits are all amazing Kathy!
The photo of the Nativ American dancer is brilliant and I like the Indian scouts mien when you caught him eating chips.
I wonder what the man with the many feathers on his hut is selling. I see some busts and ... Micky Mouse Sheriffs?

Liebe Grüße,
Pia

Lara said...

All GREAT shots! Looks like a lot of fun!