Friday, November 25, 2011

Musical Surprise

On my last trip to Canton I kept hearing the sounds of medieval music, you know, the kind you associate with Robin Hood and Little John riding through Sherwood Forest, that haunting but lilting sound of flutes, lyres, and other ancient exotic instruments.  At first I thought it was canned music but the pause in between each song was too varied so I finally decided it was live.  When I finally found the stage, much to my surprise, the performers were not what I expected.


A Peruvian band!
Including this big guy playing a little ukelele.


A handsome guitarist with a sleek black ponytail.


And then this dude who kept pulling various instruments out of a suitcase!

The music was quite romantic.  At the time I thought about buying one of their CD's (I don't even know the name of the group) but decided against it because I have no way of playing it.  Until on the way home I realized I have a CD player in my truck!  Duh!  I usually listen to audio books while driving!  But if I run across them again, I won't hesitate because I love that music.  I'm hoping to hear something like it tomorrow while I'm attending the Texas Renaissance Festival (if it doesn't rain us out!).

Note re Yesterday's Post:  No one picked up on what I tried to convey as the indignity, that being every time I approach cows they turn their butt toward me and pick up their tail!  And then sometimes do you know what right in my face!  For those of you who called this heifer "he," I guess you've never seen a cow with udders!  I got a chuckle at your expense!

10 comments:

Randy said...

I bet the music was great!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I bet it was beautiful. I have heard that the uke is one of the hardest instruments to play. I wonder if it's because it is not the correct proportion to a person's finger?

Magpie said...

I love this kind of music. I hope you find them.

Judy said...

I love Peruvian music too and have bought CD's from several bands that I have stumbled across around here. It's fun to watch them perform too.

TexWisGirl said...

well, i noticed the 'tail-up' pose but didn't say anything about it! :)

what a cool group of performers!

Paula said...

I've been so surprised here in blogs at how many people think only bulls have horns.

Sharon said...

I love Peruvian music. It does have and almost ancient sound to it and wonderful romance.

Lara said...

I would love to hear their music. The pictures here really pop with color!

Carver said...

Sounds and looks like fun listening to the musicians. I love the shots below of the cows that kept turning their butts at you.

Pia said...

What a funny story about the CD-Player you thought you have not. Hope the wether was fine enough to go there again.

Hi y´all from Turkey
Pia