Thursday, May 26, 2011

One-Stop Shopping


Billy Bob stopped in at the local filling station (they still call them that here) for a little gas for his guzzler truck and remembered that his girlfriend needed a money order to send off for a purse to the mail-order catalog, and after downing a burger and a barbecue sandwich and some Blue Bell ice cream for dessert he then left with enough fishing worms to get him through a hot summer afternoon down at the creek.  Some people find it a little strange that one can buy lunch and live bait at the same retail establishment, but it's like that most everywhere throughout the rural South.

8 comments:

Mari said...

I like your gas prices! Ours is $3.99 for regular gas.

Anonymous said...

How convenient!

TexWisGirl said...

oh yes. you DO live near my area, don't you?! ha! i saw his cousin Bubba just the other day...

Suburban Girl said...

Oh, I like YOUR gas prices too. Maybe I'll come down and fill up.

tracy said...

LOL...as if he had any money left over to buy all that.

Judy said...

I guess that is what they call a convenience store around here. Our prices are a bit less than that now though.

Michelle said...

What? No pet grooming, too? Lol...we have one nearby that does all that plus pets, and is also a used auto place. It's interesting what people will do.

Btw: Any bacon yet? ;)

Magpie said...

What fun! I bet the burger was ground hog or opossum or something interesting like that. :)