Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Preppie Scarecrow


This scarecrow, complete with blue oxford-cloth button-down-collared shirt, navy pants, a Mexican sun hat, and the appropriate amount of bling, was fashioned by my cousin Leon and his grandchildren in their garden to keep all those pesky birds from eating the tomatoes.  I think that shirt may have even been starched and ironed before being fitted on Mr. Scarecrow.  I think a paisley necktie might also be a nice accessory!

11 comments:

Randy said...

Looks like he's ready to party!

Michelle said...

Lol. Fun post.

EG CameraGirl said...

A handsomer scarecrow simply does NOT exist! This is one good-looking dude! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, his colar is even buttoned. He is ready for work! Tie would be a nice touch.

About toads...I'm with you. Ich! Snakes too. However, I do like frogs and lizards, they're much cuter.

TexWisGirl said...

oh, and loafers without socks!!!

tracy said...

Cute. He needs a backpack. :-)

Magpie said...

I'm sure some rascal will now go over in the dark of night (just because that would be more fun) and put that paisley tie on Mr. GQ.

Mari said...

He's pretty cute, for a scarecrow!

Judy said...

That is a unique find!

Brenda's Arizona said...

Are those earrings?
I am mentally drawing the face of this guy. Most quiet of a fellow.

Reena said...

I love it! ... Dressed so smart!