Monday, May 2, 2011
Ghost Sign ~ Timpson, Texas
In my travels through the old towns of East Texas I often encounter brick art but more often I just see signs. Most of them have either faded or someone has attempted to remove the lettering for a "paint-over." Sometimes by oversaturing the exposure of the photograph the lettering becomes more apparent, but nothing I do makes the first line of this sign legible. As you can see, there are several other "ghosts" on the back side of this brick building.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
I love fining those old painted signs. I always look for them around old towns with history.
Even "ghosts" need to eat!
Just the fact that it says "dry goods" reflects the age of this sign. Nice find.
Okay, now you're going to drive me crazy trying to figure out what it says. Is that a very stylized "A"?...is it two words?...
I'll get you for this!! :)
There are lots of ghostly letters appearing in this photo but, none that make up a recognizable word except for the Dry Goods, Hardware, Groceries, and Feed part. What an interesting find.
Yes, hard to make out. Maybe it was the owner's last name. Interesting!
I love this picture - it reminds me of a time when Americans took pride in their family and their country...
thank you for sharing
I've Become My Mother
Kelly's Ideas
Amazing Salvation
How frustrating to want to read it...but can't!
I love these old signs. I can't figure out what it says either.
The wall/sign paint sure remind me of "Northern Exposure" credit shots. Any moose around? I have a feeling you're gonna say "NO!"
I like when you post the brick art you find. They're always interesting.
Post a Comment