Sunday, May 8, 2011

Donkey Love


I have absolutely fallen in love with donkeys!  And this is due in large part to a blog that I religiously visit called The 7MSN Ranch (7 Miles South of Nowhere).  I don't even remember how I found this treasure but I stumbled across it a few months back and I was hooked.  It portrays the life of a woman who gave up mascara and high heels in corporate America and moved lock, stock, and barrel to a ranch in New Mexico where she lives with three donkeys, a horse, a pig named Wynona, a dog, a cat, and some chickens (I don't think I've left anyone out).  The donkeys are particularly fun and I never realized what social animals they are.  They play with toys, get their feelings hurt, and love their mom with all their hearts.  Visit her blog and you'll see why I've fallen in love with donkeys.  You will too.

The donkeys above belong to our neighbors Robert and Kay.  Robert is our pasturage lessor and Kay has all the farm animals you could ever imagine.  Several of them have been featured on this blog in the past.

11 comments:

Randy said...

What a wonderful photo. Have you ever visited www.longhopes.org?

EG CameraGirl said...

These donkeys look very well cared for. And they are posing for you too!

Sharon Creech said...

Love those donkeys!

tracy said...

Duh. Eyore can do all that. :-)

Judy said...

This is such a cute picture of the donkeys. I think anyone who has been in contact with one, can't help but fall in love with them. Just look at those big eyes.

Magpie said...

I was a little worried by your title that your blog might be a little "X" rated today. :) They're so cute! There's a sweetie in the pasture next door that likes to "sing" in the middle of the night. PS: and Eeyore can talk too!

Michelle said...

What an interesting ranch; it was fun to hear the history about the lady who gave up mascara for a peaceful, country life. Great picture, Kathy.

Mari said...

They are so cute! Looks like they were posing for you.

Suburban Girl said...

They certainly are good looking. Their ears are too cute.

Lara said...

Very sweet looking donkeys! Great shot!

Book said...

Thanks for the beautiful photos !!!