Saturday, May 28, 2011

*#!&+ER(&$#GH**@!=P


With my mom being in the hospital for over a week and then with me being cooped up here at home after her release I decided this afternoon to go for a little ride to try to find an old schoolhouse near here that supposedly is still standing and even has a bell tower.  So I gathered up all the camera gear, my wonderful back roads Texas road map, a magnifying glass (some of those little roads have numbers that are just teensy)  my purse, a coke and headed out the door.  Opened the passenger side of Truck, dumped all the gear in, slammed the door and heard something fall in the bed.  I was parked under a big oak tree and assumed that a branch must have come tumbling down (we've had really strong winds all day).  I looked up and saw nothing out of the ordinary and as my eyes came back down I saw nothing.  So I peered over to look in the bed and saw all this black shiny stuff glistening like thousands of mirrors.  What the heck?  As my eyes shifted upward again, you could have heard my gasp as I realized my back window had just fallen out.  This is what it looks like after I finished punching it out.  I cleaned the seats and floorboards as best I could but there are still hundreds of little chips of glass in all the nooks and crannies in, under, in front of and behind the back seat.  And don't let anyone tell you that auto safety glass won't cut you.  Everywhere the little pieces crumble, a thin residue of powdered glass is left behind.  I know!  I got some in my fingers.  Dontcha just hate when this happens!

14 comments:

Lara said...

Oh no! That is so weird! Auto glass replacement folks can vacuum all the extra glass up. Question: can you get someone to come out to you in them parts? Xoxo

EG CameraGirl said...

How awful! Hope you are able to clean up ALL the glass without any more cuts.

I'm glad your mom is home from the hospital.

TexWisGirl said...

UGH!!! i hope you can get a mobile unit to come to you (and luckily no rain forecasted in the immediate future!) UGH!!! sorry!

Kate said...

Doesn't sound like an auspicious beginning of a new day. So sorry this happened to you. Get a professional to clean it so you don't suffer any more cuts.

Magpie said...

Oh, Kathy! I'm so sorry. One thing on top of another it seems. I'm so glad you weren't in the truck when it happened. :(

Mari said...

What a bummer! Glad your Mom is home, and I hope no more crazy stuff happens!

Judy said...

What a nasty shock! I'm glad it didn't fall out while you were driving, that might have been worse!

Kelly L said...

That sucks!
Getting the word out.. still and again for Haley - today she is in the hospital receiving yet again another blood transfusion - She needs a bone marrow transplant - Please go to her Facebook page and like it - if you can donate - Please say "I want to donate" and I will contact you with all you need. thank you - Kelly
Sunday Post
Haley's Facebook Page
I've Become My Mother
I've Become My Mother facebook

Anonymous said...

Awww no!!! What a mess. And your poor hands!

Randy said...

Kathy, I am so sorry to hear about this but I am happy that you have your mom at home know. At least you weren't driving when it came crashing down.

tracy said...

Holy crap!

Maia T said...

That's unpleasant but that branch could fall on your head.
And so the whole planing of a beautiful day went down the drain.

Mersad said...

This is terrible. I hope things get back on track with you guys soon.

Michelle said...

Ugh. What a bummer.