Sunday, December 6, 2009

Preemie Orphans 136/365


Here are a few of my tomatoes whose mothers died Friday night before the babies reached maturity. The large one in the forefront is of slicing size. My mother suggested I pick them and leave them on the windowsill and hopefully they may ripen. Even if they do I'm sure they won't be as succulent as if they had been left to ripen on the vine. My grieving process is coming to a close. I may go looking for a couple more plants to put in pots so I can bring them in at night. My previous best crop of winter tomatoes yielded enough vine-ripened tomatoes for a lunch for a few friends on January 6 about six years ago.
Today's News: No news is good news.
Today in History: 1865 - The 13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, banning slavery, is ratified.

No comments: