
I am mired in work. The dishes haven't been done in three days. I haven't finished my Christmas shopping. My hair is a mess. I will be lucky to take Christmas Day off! Today while downloading more work my doorbell rang, "Ta-ding, ta-ding, ta-ding." My first thought was my grandson had arrived as he loves to lean on the doorbell. My second thought was "No, it can't be him, so who the he _ _ is bothering me on this most busy of days?" When I opened the door it was my friendly neighbor who knows I take a picture a day. She had stopped by a florist shop and bought a sweet little arrangement of sunflowers and wondered if I'd like to take a picture of it! I grabbed the camera quick because anything that saves me the trouble of searching for a picture opportunity is a real gift. Thank you, friend. The sunflowers are lovely!
Today's News: Phoenix Greyhound Park, after being open for 50 years, runs its last live race. I think it's a good thing. I hate seeing animals exploited. Greyhounds love to run but I'm not sure God meant for them to run to fulfill some human's gambling addiction.
Today in History: 1777- American Revolution - George Washington's Continental Army goes into winter quarters at Valley Forge, PA.
1 comment:
I think this was your first photo commission!
Post a Comment