Our heavy rains these past few months caused our pastures and roadsides to become laden with these thorny pink beauties, Although beautiful they can choke pastures of forage plants.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
11 comments:
Among great beauty, pain is often found.
it seems the more beautiful the weeds the more damage they do. so pretty
i love them for the butterflies they feed, but otherwise... :)
I always love looking at these prickly plants.
The gold finches will be happy for the seeds.
I tried to take picture of this flower so many times but it was very stubborn.
You took a fantastic macro!!!
We have them here too. Just saw some an hour ago.
Don't get too close.
Interesting how beautiful some invasive plants can be!
Yep, thistles can take over a pasture quick as a wink!
Beautiful thistle!
Post a Comment