Friday, June 6, 2014

I'm in Love with this Bird


Ellen Trout Zoo
Lufkin, Texas

I don't know what he is but I think this is one bad-ass dude bird!  And furthermore, this was one of those lucky shots that the wires of his cage didn't show up in the photo.  I never know how to do that, but sometimes it just happens!

14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

what a funky thing! :)

Randy said...

He looks like he mean business.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I LOVE ugly dogs and I love Ugly birds. my favorite bird is the pelican and this one is so ugly i am feeling love coming on... i even like buzzards.... i wonder what he is.. never seen one like him

Birdman said...

I would NOT mess with that beak!

Kate said...

Looks pretty imperious too!

Judy said...

Nice shot! I wouldn't want to make him mad.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

I like your description of him. :)
That is one big orange beak!

Unknown said...

It's an African Yellow-billed Hornbill. I've seen many in the wild but only wish I had such a perfect capture as yours is.

Kaya said...

Kathy you were lucky to take a picture of this bird. Bird is terrific and I love this bird also!

Suburban Girl said...

I think he would make a great cartoon character.

EG CameraGirl said...

WOW! What a beak!

A Colorful World said...

He's awesome, Kathy!

Sharon said...

What a great looking bird he is!

Lara said...

He's got personality for sure!