I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
13 comments:
love these happy may bloomers! we still have a few around but most have gone to seed-head.
So pretty.
Amazing blooms.
these flowers may be common in Texas but the photo sure isn't.. this is gorgeous
Growing up, we called them Indian paintbrushes.
I have never seen this flower. Wildflowers are amazing!
I like the name Indian Blanket. It seems to fit! There are a lot of these at the Desert Botanical Garden.
I love these wild flowers!
Makes me think of our time in Texas! :-)
It is such a wonderful time of the year. So nice to go for a walk and see all the beauty around.
Liebe Grüße,
Pia
Wish we had these here in north Alabama. I don't think I've seen them.
Pretty wildflower!
An appealing name for this simple little flower.
Post a Comment