Lake Naconiche was opened to the public in the summer of 2012 after a mere 50 years of planning and development. It is quickly becoming a very popular bass fishing lake in Texas.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
11 comments:
50 years? wow! i can see why the bass fishermen like it, though.
A difficult lake to pass with a boat for fishing.
That would be a great place to fish!
That's a lot of water. If we don't get rain soon, all our lakes will be dry. I bet the fish are happy in there.
i am thinking the bass love all those tree roots to hide in.. i like the boat so small with ant sized people
Looks like a great place for bass fishing! There are probably some big ones to catch there.
Nice addition to the area...wonder what took them so long! Pretty shot.
Pretty! I bet kayaking would be fun too, though a lot of maneuvering with those stumps.
What a cool place!
A bit tricky to maneuver around those stumps, methinks. If the fishing is good, I'm sure the 50-year wait was worth it. :)
Looks like an obstacle course! Great shot!
Post a Comment