Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Historic Bank Buildings in McKinney, Texas
McKinney, Texas, has two historic bank buildings still standing on the courthouse square downtown. This one is on the east side of the square. McKinney has repurposed its old downtown into an area of eclectic shops and boutiques.
This detail near the top of the building includes inlaid stone carving and an eagle emblem.
Detail of the architecture above the door.
On the south side of the courthouse square sits this beauty with its stately columns. Notice the red brick streets which still serve the needs of the traveling public.
Detail of the eagle emblem on the top of the building. This indicates the bank was founded in 1869. That doesn't mean the building is that old. I would estimate this structure was built in the early part of the 1900s, perhaps in the 1920s before the Great Depression struck when banks were very rich.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






9 comments:
neat old details! you were pretty far north! :)
They don't build them that classy anymore.
These are really exceptional buildings.
Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography
Great use for the charming old-style buildings. I appreciate towns that know they have architecture worth preserving rather than tearing it down to build something more modern.
that is an awesome eagle up there. really grand for a bank, but i think back then banks were more grand than now...
I love the details in the old buildings. You find such interesting old towns.
I like the looks of the old buildings so much more than the modern ones. The old buildings around the courthouse square remind me of Prescott.
I sigh relief when old architecture is repurposed rather than demolished.
They are both beauties. You find some great ones. I wish the old architecture was the standard (and also the quality construction).
Post a Comment