Saturday, June 7, 2014
Along the Roadside
Once upon a time there was probably a house sitting here where the barbed wire fence now encloses a piece of land. Crimson clover grows randomly but tall bearded irises do not, especially colored one. The plant with the large leaves in the right foreground appears to be a castor bean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
how very pretty! i love finding those 'spots' where you knew someone once loved a homestead.
Lovely.
they look like ballerinas.. beautiful shot and i love the fence
Very pretty! I have seen seed packets for crimson clover but have never gotten it to grow. But out climate in Ontario is a tad different from yours in Texas. :)
What a great find. I really like the fence.
Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography
You found something beautiful!!
Iris are one of my favorite flowers and you found some beauties.
Such a lovely photo. When we lived in Texas, I liked looking for the "schoolhouse lilies" that grew where old buildings had been. One of the people at Festival Hill was the wife of my office manager (Charles Reeves--who we lost one sad sad day about halfway through my tenure there) and she knew a lot about wildflowers and would take long walks (wearing rubber boots to protect against snakes) looking for things. She was wonderful to talk to. We also, of course still had Madeline Hill then who was curator of the gardens and has some renown of her own. I would have loved to spend endless days with each of them ,learning at their feet so to speak, but I had to work. (That work stuff gets in the way of everything! :-) )
Just beautiful! Don't you wish you knew who planted those iris.
So pretty!!
Our clover is no where near that pretty.
This is really beautiful! Great find.
Post a Comment