Monday, April 21, 2014
Rose-Breasted Grosbeak
We have had a very special visitor to our feeders the past few days, a rose-breasted grosbeak. He is undoubtedly one of the most strikingly colored birds I've ever seen. A rare one for these parts, he's probably just migrating through from his winter vacation in Central and northern South America and is on his way home to the Midwest, upper New England or southern Canada. He appears to be traveling solo and tends to feed around midday and late afternoon. Today was his fifth day here and I'm sure as soon as he's rested and well-fed he will fly away north. I just hope he remembers where he got some good chow and comes back in the fall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
perfect name for this sweet little guy. love the pink breast
how awesome! i've only spotted them twice here as well - heading thru in springtime. great shot of this handsome one!
He's a beauty! I've only seen one around here and he didn't stay long. Nice capture!
He is gorgeous!
Are you sure he hasn't decided to stay in Texas? He is a beauty!
Great shot! I don't think he would be able to get any nectar out of the feeder I posted today with that beak.
You lucky, lucky girl! A fine shot of this fabulous bird.
You are going to miss that beauty!
Ah, you got a great shot of this handsome fella!
Post a Comment