Sunday, March 2, 2014

Unexpected Company

Country dwellers often go visiting in the late afternoon after all the chores are done and you have a few minutes to relax with friends.  A few days ago as I was looking out the kitchen window you can imagine my surprise when I saw these visitors clip-clopping down the driveway.


They just came right on in the yard and made themselves at home.  It was obvious they were looking to see what kind of snacks we had.


They were unknown to me and I thought perhaps they were new in the neighborhood.  So I called one of our neighbors who has a couple donkeys and jokingly asked him if his had escaped.  He said they probably lived in the adjacent property to our farm and advised he'd give the owner a call to let him know that this pair was out on an adventure.


Every time I tried to get close with a camera they would just head the other direction.  I got a lot of tail shots, to say the least.


It seems that someone left a gate open at their place so they just decided to take advantage of the fact and come visiting.  They found a few patches of green to nibble on until their friends came by and rounded them up with a couple of pickup trucks and headed them on their way home again.

10 comments:

Hilary said...

Oh they are adorable. What an unexpected delight. That first image gave me a double take. it looks a bit like a two-headed critter.

Randy said...

What a couple of cuties. So glad you had the chance to visit with them.

TexWisGirl said...

they are really cute. :)

Mari said...

Those are a couple of cute visitors! I'm glad you caught these pictures of them.

Pia said...

Oh what a surprise! They will come back to you Kathy, when your tasty flowers are blooming. Now they know the way.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

What cute visitors!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

what fun, i am soooo jealous

Sharon said...

They were out on donkey adventure. I don't blame them. It's nice to check out the neighborhood every now and then. They sure are cute.

Gail Dixon said...

Cute! Such a nice change of pace from the human visitors. :)

Kate said...

What lovely neighbors and friendly visitors you have! Great shots of your new friends.