Many large ranches in Texas have exotic animals that graze right alongside cattle and horses. I spotted this zebra enjoying lush grass in a pasture in Erath County near Stephenville.
Really pretty photo! When we lived in Ledbetter, one day I saw an ibex pass by in the pasture, another time a ram. It made me sad, because if the owners can't catch their loose animals they will never have a chance to be with others of their kind or mate or whatever. It was a real shock though seeing them! :-)
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
14 comments:
Pretty in pajamas.
In some ways strange. The circus comes to a dude ranch?
That must be a sight that will slow you down. In fact it would have me pulling over to take pictures as you did.
do these stripes make my stomach look big? um, no, it's all that good grass... :)
They are so horse like, I have often wondered if they could be tame enough to ride. You got a wonderful picture of this one grazing in the lush field.
I had no idea ranchers had these animals on their ranches. It must be fun to see them. I've only seen them in zoos.
I have never seen a Zebra on a farm before.
Or should I have said ranch? ....You can tell I am too much city and not enough country.
That's a chubby one.
What a cool thing to see. You got a nice shot of him.
Hmmm. Their camouflage stripes don't work as well in Texas as they do on the grasslands of Africa. This guy stands out.
What a beauty!!
Really pretty photo! When we lived in Ledbetter, one day I saw an ibex pass by in the pasture, another time a ram. It made me sad, because if the owners can't catch their loose animals they will never have a chance to be with others of their kind or mate or whatever. It was a real shock though seeing them! :-)
I would love to have a Zebra in the neighborhood. How extraordinary is that? They are so beautiful.
Post a Comment