Saturday, January 19, 2013

Reb Cabbage?


I'm always on the lookout for unusual signs or signs with catchy phrases or misspellings.  I couldn't resist snapping a quick photo of this one at a farmers market in Phoenix this past fall.  There are actually over 700 hits for "reb" cabbage on Google but in several random clicks on links it was "reb" in the headline and other references in the article were "red."  Is there such a thing as "reb" cabbage or is this just a common typo?  What do you think?

15 comments:

Paula said...

The funniest sign in our county is advertising their "Winnie and Egg tacos". Doesn't sound good to me even if it was spelled correctly. Of course I know I am far from perfect and make many mistakes.

Jo's World said...

Its more maroon colored cabbage but doubt thay will advertise as such. Our store uses "RED". Maybe your produce guy thinks Reb is funny!

Jo

Rosemary Aubut said...

Maybe just a touch of dyslexia??? Great shot Kathy!

Kate said...

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."

"The Walrus and the Carpenter" Lewis Carroll

Pia said...

Don't you know that reb is is the new green?

TexWisGirl said...

if it had been in texas, i'd think it was intentional. i'm laughing at pia's comment. :)

Beth said...

LOL! I think I would like to try the reb cabbage.

Birdman said...

I'll settle on a sp!

Judy said...

That is odd, I have never seen a cabbage called REB before. I'm going to venture a guess that it is a mistake.

Sharon said...

I have never heard of REB cabbage before and if you couldn't find a reference to it on Google, I'm now sure where I'd look.
I had to capitalize REB because my MAC would not let me type it in lower case. It kept changing it to feb. So even Apple spell check doesn't think it's a real word.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

I think it's a misspelling, but I like Pia's comment!

Bob Bushell said...

It's called a Rebellion Cabbage, lol.

Lisa Gordon said...

So wonderfully colorful at a very gray time of year.
I love this composition.

EG CameraGirl said...

I think someone might have byslexia. - OK, I agree that dyslexia is NOT a laughing matter, but I couldn't resist changing the d to b.

A Colorful World said...

Too funny! :-)