Friday, January 18, 2013
Goodbye Sweet Friend
My mom's sweet dog, Jubal, crossed over the Rainbow Bridge last night.
My blogging and commenting has been sporadic for the past couple of weeks coping with Jubal's final days and a hospital stay for my mom earlier this week.
These pictures of him in a field of clover and bluebonnets last spring were among my favorites of the year.
My mom says Jubal is the best dog she ever had. And she's exactly right. He did everything she told him to. Probably a collie mix, he would have made a wonderful service dog had he had the training. They were roommates for sixteen years. That's an extraordinary life span for a dog.
My mom is 91. She and Jubal, up until about two weeks ago, walked down the drive up to the mailbox twice a day every day except when the weather was too wet. He was always with her every step of the way.
Goodbye sweet friend. We will miss you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




20 comments:
That last photo is so sweet. Now she has a little angel watching over her.
When Jubal is up to his knees in grass and bluebonnets he looks like he could have some corgie in him.
The last picture is a very sweet one! I know how it is to lose a dog that old and you miss them every single day.
Cheers,
Jo
A lovely story about your Mom and her sweet dog.
Bless your Mom's heart; I know she'll miss Jubal terribly. He was a handsome wee guy and the last photo, especially, says a lot about the relationship between them.
I hope she's doing better, thanks for sharing this with us.
I´m so sorry Kathy, so sorry. What a sad time for your Mom and you. Must be very hard to say good bye to such a beautiful dog and fast friend. The photo from Jubal and your Mom walking side by side is worth a thousand words.
A big hug from very sad Pia to both of you!
Oh, your Mom will miss him! Faithful, loving and loyal dogs are the very best companions. What a loss for her. (And, you, too!) RIP, Jubal.
I am sad for your Mom and for you. I hope your Mom does well with the loss. Pet loss is a real loss.
Oh, Kathy! I am so sad to hear this. {{hugs}} to you and your Mom. xo
I am so sorry to read this. The pictures are wonderful. I hope your mom is well.
Oh, I am so sorry for the loss of Jubal. This is a lovely tribute to such a good friend.
I'm sorry for the loss of Jubal. I know your mom is going to miss him.
So sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet friend. I know how hard this is. My last dog was with us for sixteen years also. Give your Mom a hug for me.
A beautiful image and memory of your sweet sweet Jubal. Hugs to you, my friend.
i'm so sorry, kathy. bless you and your mom as you grieve such a wonderful family member...
I'm so sorry to hear your mother has lost her beautiful, faithful Jubal. She will miss him so much. The last photo is so sweet.
Oh what a beautiful dog. I'm so sorry to hear she has left you and your mother. Losing a beloved friend is so hard. My thoughts are with you and your mother.
Last photo: "Best Friends".
What an awesome pet! I love dogs, and hate when they have to leave us behind on earth.
Oh my goodness, this brings tears to my eyes... God bless your mom... I'm so sorry for her loss... Jubal will definitely be missed after all those years!
Kathy, I am so very sorry, and I know how badly this hurts. We lost 2 of our faithful companions within 3 months of each other last year.
The last photograph here, truly says it all.
xo.
Post a Comment