Friday, October 26, 2012

Helping Mom


Em is finally old enough to:

A.  Wake up and get up on his own (this will probably change by age 13)
B.  Pick appropriate clothes for school (most days)
C.  Brush his teeth without being told (most days)
D.  Spike his own hair with gel
E.  Fix his breakfast
F.  Fix his lunch
G.  Feed Truman (lurking and hoping for a crumb in the background)

All these activities are of tremendous help to his mom on schooldays!

14 comments:

Birdman said...

I did it all too, but NEVER knew I was helping out mom. Sheeeesh! I missed it.
ps LOVED your comment on my post yesterday. Now, if I can ever get that song Sandy outta my head.

Anonymous said...

Kind of a bittersweet observation!

Sharon said...

He's turning into a "big boy".

TexWisGirl said...

how cute. :)

The Cranky said...

What a handsome (and helpful) young man!

Randy said...

I was the same way at his age. Good for him.

Jo's World said...

Cheers for Em! Next you can learn to bake bread, its fun, its messy and it tastes wonderful. When my son was 10 I taught him to make Oatmeal bread and he was a champ at it! See if your Mom or Grandma won't teach you.

All good wishes,
Jo, Stella (the dog) and Zkhat

Kate said...

What a great young man...and, I bet he's a great grandson whom you miss a lot!

Anonymous said...

Wow this young man is showing his (Smarts) and he will go far in life if he continues to be Idependent like this. I say. beautiful poung man. Be Proud Grandma.


He is a real Achiever. Look at his happy face and look at Good Boy looking behind him. Hopeing something will drop his way.

Really how many boys do this for their Moms in this day an age?

It is usaully the other way around. Mom runs around with head chopped off.



EG CameraGirl said...

What a great kid! You must be very proud of him. :)

Mari said...

He's a great kid, and I can't believe how old he's looking!

Lara said...

Thanks everyone! He is a great boy who loves his mama and his gramma! He cried real alligator tears the first night she was gone, saying how much he missed her... Despite the 'tough guy' stance he gave her when she said goodbye...

Magpie said...

Oh, Lara's comment made me cry. I know how much he must love his gramma because I know how much his gramma loves him.

Pia said...

Em is a good boy, Truman a good dog and you are a proud grandma.
This post made me laugh!