Sunday, October 28, 2012
Hayden Flour Mill
As you travel from Phoenix to Tempe, home of Arizona State University, the first landmark you encounter after you cross over the Mill Avenue Bridge over the Salt River is the Hayden Flour Mill. Over the next couple of days I hope to show you some pictures of this historic structure, but tonight I'm just too tired. I've been going at breakneck speed since returning late Tuesday evening. I've developed some kind of crud that if I'm not careful it could turn into something much worse so I'm just laying low for a few more days. You, my blogger friends, are always so supportive and I can't put into words how much happiness you all bring to my days. So hopefully by the end of the week I'll be on the mend and back full force. I didn't take a lot of pictures on this visit, but there are a few good ones and I'll show them to you in the coming days. Of course, I'm looking forward to the turning of the leaves here in Texas as we prepare for winter (although last year the autumn's peak was mid-December, so don't get excited too quickly), and such activities as the Syrup Festival in Henderson and, of course, now that the weather is cooler I'll be going to Canton Trade Days this weekend. So hang on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


15 comments:
oh no on the crud, several friends have it, hope it goes away quickly.
I enjoy seeing the photos of Phoenix. I haven't been there for years and years.
Oh, and I hope you feel better very soon!
sorry you're not feeling well! i do hope you can rest a bit. sounds like you've got a full slate again. canton! wow, that sneaks up fast!
That is a familiar sight! I hope you get to feeling better soon.
I think this place is starting to look a little worse for wear lately. I can't wait to see your photos.
Hope you are feeling better very soon. There are way too many pictures to be taken to be sick.
Take care and rest a bit before you get down really sick. Looking forward to some Trade Day photos.
Get rested and take care of yourself so you don't become ill!
Oh Kathy , I hope you get better soon! Breakneck sounds bad .... I have to look for translation what that meens.
Comments this evening are a hard work Kathy. I use my new tablet and have to correct nearly every word. Look what it does with your name :
KÄTHE
So happy you stopped by this weekend Kathy -- love that old mill. We have one similar to that in downtown Omaha.
Hope you feel better soon. xo
That is one big building! Hope you are feeling better soon!
Looking forward to seeing your photos. Until then....take care of yourself and feel better soon!
Get well soon, Kathy, I really miss your blog when you are gone. Did I talk your grandson into baking bread?
Cheers,
Jo
I am surprised it's still there.
Hope your feeling better Kathy. That's a great looking building.
Post a Comment