Monday, October 22, 2012

Good Friends, Good Walks

Greetings from Phoenix and the Valley of the Sun!  I've had a grand time on my trip but I must return to my mundane life in rural East Texas soon.  Tomorrow, no less!  As usual, one of my most memorable times on this semi-annual trip to my old hometown was a day with Tracy (Life is a Road Trip) and Magpie (In Over My Head), whose paths I crossed shortly before leaving Phoenix two years ago and who are always so gracious and fun to be with on my returns.  We met at a light rail station in Central Phoenix and took the train into downtown where there are so many fun things to see.  The weather, although a bit warm, was superb and the skies were perfect!  These girls have always been a little bit camera shy but I finally got them to pose for me, so may I introduce you all to Tracy and Magpie!






 In case you don't recognize them, Tracy is on the left and Magpie is on the right.  This was on the train ride back to our cars.

 One of the highlights our walk was bumping into several groups of fun-loving souls who were participating in a scavenger hunt.  We never did find out exactly what was going on and what the outcome would be.  We found Batgirl and Superchick in front of the historic Orpheum Theater.


These girls gathered around a car that had California license plates and begging passersby to please take their photo.  Of course the one we took had to include the license plate but then they posed for us.  The girl second from the left was dressed as a lion but I don't know about the others.  Maybe Wizard of Oz characters?


I don't remember where we found these dudes but I love their costumes, don't you?




Saturday was perfect tutu weather!



This group was outside the San Carlos Hotel, which is alleged to be haunted.  They may have been slightly tipsy.  At leas they were dressed for it.  They were looking for some historic landmark that I think might be found in Philadelphia.

 
These two characters were dressed as photographers and they were taking photos 
at St. Mary's Basilica.
 
Magpie and Tracy, thanks for one of the best days of my trip!
 

19 comments:

Randy said...

What great photos! Looks like you had a great time.

Sharon said...

I can see that I should have been downtown on Saturday instead of cleaning out my garage. Sounds (and looks) like you had a great time. Safe travels back to Texas.

TexWisGirl said...

i like your camera-shy but camera-toting buddies.

i like the wizard of oz group. tinman w/ his heart, lion, dorothy and her pigtails, and scarecrow. :)

the bud light bottles are pretty cute, too.

Jo's World said...

Me, I'm just glad you are back and happy that you had some good fun.

Cheers,
Jo

Beth said...

I am glad you had so much fun with your blogging friends. Great pictures.

Rosemary Aubut said...

So much fun! Wow how wonderful for you to meet with blogging friends as well! Love the dudes costumes and tutu girls! Very creative!

The Cranky said...

It looks like a great time was had by all; very creative (and fun) costumes!

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, what fun we had! At one time I noticed I was taking a photo of...some THING. Magpie was taking a photo of a flower and you were meeting people and taking their pictures. I thought that summed us up in a nutshell - and we are a little bit nutty! :-)

MadSnapper n Beau said...

what fun and super girls in tu tus. i could be the photographer and no costume needed. looks like they were all having a great time and so were you

Judy said...

Looks like a fun day was had by all. You just never know what kinds of characters you will find roaming the streets of Phoenix.
Safe travels!

Magpie said...

Kathy! What a perfect expose of our day! We did have so much fun, but then we always do. I miss getting to see you more often, but am very thankful for the times you are able to come back to visit. I smiled all day long. I wish we had more time...next time we'll plan something for a day I don't have to work. :)

Unknown said...

That looks like fun. A nice way to bond with blogging friends. Look like you had a blast. Thanks for the pictures. All the costumes are awesome.
dog training canberra

Kate said...

Love it when adults let loose and become happy children again. The tutus and the t-shorts with them are fantastic. Fun photos for a fun time!!

DeniseinVA said...

You got a lot of fun loving people in this post Kathy, the costumes were a hoot. Another very enjoyable post, thank you!

Suburban Girl said...

Looks like a great time!

EG CameraGirl said...

What a fun post, Kathy! I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip.

Anonymous said...

Oh your back as I scroll down

and glad you had fun.

Real cool photography.

Pia said...

You have such a talent to get peoples personality on the photos Kathy! Tutu weather ..... what a fun!

Lara said...

I love the tutus! Glad you got to see fun sites and your fun friends!