Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Linda Llama Looks and Listens


I've been thinking about starting a new series called the Adventures of Linda Llama featuring our neighbors' llama.  I have a few pictures of her and a series (not too frequently, mind you) will give me an excuse to take more.  Today while driving down the road, as I passed their pond I noticed quite a few of their cows were lolling around in the shade around the pond but better yet I spotted the llama lying down in the water just a few feet from the bank.  I wanted to stop and see if I could get a picture but it was over a hundred degrees out and I had a truckload full of groceries, including two tubs of Blue Bell ice cream, but it was just enough to give me a push to start the Adventures of Linda Llama.  Enjoy and stay tuned for more pictures of Linda.

20 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

well, she's a doll! she has a very expressive face, so i think she will make a love subject!

Randy said...

I think she was mad that she's didn't have time for a fur brushing.

Paula said...

That would be great. We had fun llama shopping once for John's daughter for one to mind her goats. That llama could count those goats but it got bit by a snake and died.

BlueShell said...

Ohhhhh...she's lovely!!!
I have never seen one ...just in photos (of couse)...

I heard about the tornadoes (in the news) and about the huge fire in Colorado. Hope you are Okay!
Hugs
BShell

Sherry said...

Sounds like a children's book in the making!! What a fun project!

Tanna said...

I am so excited about Linda's series. Evan used to live next door to Tony Llama and I am fascinated by these animals... from their beautiful expressive eyes, to the soft down of their face hair... to the bifurcated little lips that they can pick carrots out of your hand... to the odd gait that looks so backward (camel like)... LOVE the llama! Looking forward to seeing more!

Amy Burzese said...

Please do. How lucky that you live close to one. I would love to be able to see them every day.

EG CameraGirl said...

I look forward to seeing more of Linda!

Anonymous said...

I am llooking forward to it!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I VOTE YES to Linda llama series, bring her on. i have petted one a coule of times. they are fascinating

Sharon said...

Linda looks like she would be a rich source of material.

Judy said...

That sounds like it could be a title for a children's book! I think it will be a fun series. Llama's are interesting characters.

You were right, the "Happy Camper" was parked on Whiskey Row by the courthouse. We go there often because it's our King Charles's favorite place to go for a walk.

Magpie said...

Lovely Linda Llama looks like life is lazy and languid. :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely face and soft eyes!

Kranky Granny said...

I think living next door to a Llama would be rather exciting. I would want a reason to of visit her often as well. Will be watching for the next installment.

Jo's World said...

Linda is very lovely and I think a series would be most fun to see.

Maybe make her a blog mascot!

Cheers,
Jo and the Gang

Reena said...

I think this is a great idea! She looks like a charmer!

Ce. said...

I love the Adventures of Linda Llama!!!!!

How did your neighbours manage to have a Llama at home?????

Kisses,

Ce.

Pia said...

I like your idea to let us participate on Llama Lindas adventures. Hope she likes ist too :-)
Maybe you have an umbrella on location, just to be on the safe side :-)

Suburban Girl said...

Very alert ears!