beautiful barn... your CH adventure was very interesting (glad you finally found it!). Who knew? Thanks for the great photojournal and the information. blessings ~ tanna
Usually I don't like telephone wires in my photos, but in this one I really like the feeling of distance and stretching on forever that they add. Beautiful!
This place looks like the setting for a novel where the farm wife goes a bit crazy from loneliness and listening to the wind howl. Am I being a bit fanciful? :-)
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
27 comments:
beautiful barn... your CH adventure was very interesting (glad you finally found it!). Who knew? Thanks for the great photojournal and the information. blessings ~ tanna
What a beautiful scene! Nice old barn!
This one feel lonely!
pretty setting, it sure is out on the prairie!!
Great photo! I agree it looks lonesome...
And no next door neighbors, I love it.
I like the contrast here of the red barn and green field.
such a great view. (:
I like the photo very much, even with the overhead wires!
wide open spaces! so pretty!
this one fits barn charm, fence charm and behind the power lines.
I love it! Half my heart is in Texas.
How lovely!
Peaceful.
Nice find and great shot!
Kim,USA
beautiful scene!
Such a pretty farm scene!
Usually I don't like telephone wires in my photos, but in this one I really like the feeling of distance and stretching on forever that they add. Beautiful!
Red barns against a blue Texas sky...wonderful!!
I love the red barn on the sweeping landscape!
That right there is what most of Texas that I've been thru looked like... Great shot, Kathy!
Thanks a million for joining =)
What a peaceful setting. Yantis...I've heard that before. I wonder if it's near where my mom lives. I'm off to find out! :)
Nope...Yantis is on the other side of Dallas. She's in Pasadena. It was worth a shot.
It looks like there is nothing around this wonderful barn. I love it!
It does seem a little lonely like Rose says but the grass looks lovely. The birds on the wire seem to have the place to themselves.
Lovely shot Kathy!
This place looks like the setting for a novel where the farm wife goes a bit crazy from loneliness and listening to the wind howl. Am I being a bit fanciful? :-)
I wish I had more barns to link to barn charm. Oh well. This is a lovely scene.
Post a Comment