Hi Kathy ~~ I would say that this nice old wagon has been blue for many years.
It is the kind of wagon that my dad picked corn with back when he farmed by horses instead of his tractor. The top one foot will slide out if a person wants a lower wagon, say to work out of or to make fences.
He would pull a small trailer behind it where my sister and I could ride while Dad and Mom were picking corn. ..
when I was a little girl, there was a man who sold vegetables out of a wagon like this one pulled by two big white draft horses. This brings back happy memories.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
24 comments:
Hi Kathy ~~ I would say that this nice old wagon has been blue for many years.
It is the kind of wagon that my dad picked corn with back when he farmed by horses instead of his tractor. The top one foot will slide out if a person wants a lower wagon, say to work out of or to make fences.
He would pull a small trailer behind it where my sister and I could ride while Dad and Mom were picking corn.
..
sharp photo!
I enjoyed reading the comment above from Jim. It is a wagon from a bygone era. Another object that could tell stories! Like the angle of the photo.
Interesting old wagon and interesting comment from Jim.
Great color.
Love that color!
Love the wagon, love the color.
A great shot of a nice piece of "old time".
Jo
What a perfect choice for the post. This one looks like it's been around for awhile.
Love the turquoise blue. Great shot!
lovely!!
love it, wish i could SEE it and SNAP it. beautiful photo
when I was a little girl, there was a man who sold vegetables out of a wagon like this one pulled by two big white draft horses. This brings back happy memories.
This is too good!!
The textures and tones you have captured here are really fantastic. Love the rusty old wheel.
Love this.. I like your perspective and the color pops!
Great shot of that wagon wheel! I love old things and am glad when they are preserved!
Neat shot!
What is it about rust and peeling paint that draws me in? I don't know...but I like it.
I like the worn look of this wagon. I wonder if it's old or just made to look that way.
What a great color and with those rusty wheels what a great color combo.
You take everyday scenes and do this to them. Beautiful!
Thats a wonderful old wagon!
Nice. That is not something you see out my way very often!
Great color contrast!
Post a Comment