Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Pineywoods Fair ~ People


A final scrub of the windows before opening the corn dog/popcorn stand.


Some exhibitors go all out in decorating.  
This eventually was the fair home of a Santa Gertrudis heifer and a pair of Chianinas
who were hoping for prize-winning ribbons.  
The booth also promoted breast cancer awarenss.


Nacogdoches County Sheriff's Deputies go above and beyond the call of duty to lend a helping hand.


The smells emanating from Uncle Ray's Cajun Kitchen were divine, and 
the grilled shrimp was hard to resist.
This guy professed to be the real Uncle Ray!


And there's nothing more fun than going for a ride with your sweetheart!

* * *

A trick I just learned that works on most blogs.
If you just want to look at the pictures and skip the narrative, 
click once on one of the pictures and Blogger will bring up a slide show at the bottom of your screen, 
where you can then simply scroll through the photos.  
Click on the X in the upper right to return to the regular screen.
It seems to work on my blog and with the exception of one on all others I've tried it on.

9 comments:

Randy said...

Nice shots Kathy. Uncle Ray's looks enticing!

Pia said...

I would like to taste Uncle Rays shrimps now...........
That seems to be a nice fair. And good weather to enjoy it.

Liebe Grüße,
Pia

Jill said...

All really nice shots. I'm really fond of your black and whites!

TexWisGirl said...

(but i like the narrative too!) :)

loved these. i want one of those skewers of Uncle Ray's!!! yum! and i loved the deputy photo!!!

Judy said...

There are so many things to see and photograph at an event like this one. The little girl standing on the fence is adorable. I also am drawn to the portrait of the Brahman at rest from the last post. He is beautiful!

Magpie said...

I love the first shot. Good choice in black and white. I think you should sell (or give) your photo to Uncle Ray! What a wonderful shot. I so want some of that shrimp.

Anonymous said...

You learned me lots of stuff today, Kathy. Thanks, ma'am!

EG CameraGirl said...

That's a cool trick, Kathy. But I have to say that I can often tell when someone has not read the narrative because they write something totally off-the-wall or something like "nice capture." But I guess people blog for different reasons and some are there just to look at the pictures, or to try to get you to come to their blog and are really NOT interested in visiting yours or mine. Just saying,

Lara said...

You are becoming a master of people shots!