Along the Cane River in downtown Nachitoches, Louisiana
Earlier this week my ramblings took me 100 miles east to Nachitoches, Louisiana (pronounced nakka-tush) for the day. A day was just not enough time to completely savor this wonderful city and area. Established in 1714 as a French colony Nachitoches is steeped in French and Creole history and sits on the banks of the Cane River. I also visited Melrose Plantation in the Cane River National Historical Park and in the days and weeks to come I'll give you a sampling of some of the photos I took here.


10 comments:
What a pretty spot!
If the rest of the town is as pretty as this garden, it will be great fun to see it.
Oh, I am looking forward to seeing these!
What a wonderful looking park.
I love the flowers hanging from the light posts. Such a beautiful place.
it looks very pretty. can't wait to see more! and you are a traveling soul!
Such a beautiful garden. I can't wait to see more.
I love discovering treasures like this, looking forward to seeing more!!
Nice places, time and a camera.... thats a composition I like too. Let´s discover Nachitoches. Good that you told us how to pronounce it :-)
Love the hanging flowers!
Post a Comment