The old San Augustine County Jail in San Augustine, Texas, is now the home of the county Sheriff's Department. The building was named some years back for a rather famous local sheriff, N.L. Tindall. If you look closely, this photo is NOT PROCESSED AS BLACK AND WHITE but is rather in full color and the color is absolutely representative of the building.
Come Join Me and Others At


27 comments:
That is a striking photo. I did think it was a b/w at first.
Love the grungy building. It certainly depicts the feeling of a jail.
Great texture and amazing thaat this is full color.
Boy, that is WEATHERED or something. Looks like one could break out.
ROG, ABC Wednesday team
I admit that at first I DI think this photo was in B&W!
The building has been around foe a while!
What a wonderful, old building! You captured it beautifully.
wow! that's an amazing looking building!!! color? wow!
This definitely does not look like a fun place to be in!
What stories this old building must hold. I'm glad that it's still being used. Too many old buildings are either torn down or allowed to crumble. I'd never guess this was a color photo.
Linda
ABC Wednesday Team
Http:// word-painting.bloodspot.com
such a great old building and great photo
Your jail is a little bigger than mine - and certainly more weathered looking!
I love the old look of this jailhouse/sheriff office. Good thing they preserved this place. ^_^
ABC Wed
What a great old building! I would have thought it was black and white if you hadn't said!
That is just amazing.
Well, looking at that grungy building would sure keep me on the straight and narrow if I knew I would be locked up in that place. Great shot!! I think the Historical Society should take this building on as a "clean-up" project.
Talk about forgotten place, I wouldn't wanna be there.
My take on J, please come and see.
What a fantastic photo subject you had. Doesn't look like the sort of place you'd want to be locked up in!
Jaded building and looks gloomy too!! Hope the Sheriff's wife has breathed in life there!!
Loved your photography!! Superb!!
My first thought when I saw this was that you had applied some type of photo effect. Then I read your comments and was shocked to find that this building is till in use. It looks like it is about to be consumed by some parasite that is engulfing the building from the outside in. Wow! I wouldn't want to work in that building.
WOW. That is one ominous looking building. I wouldn't want to mess with anyone there.
Such a cool photo. I first thought you might have used some processing on it until you told us not! Love all your photos!
What a grim-looking place!
What a building, looks as though it is turning into something living. Great capture.
That's a totally amazing shot - just a hint of color but you're right, it does look processed. Nice capture.
I'm thinking this building could use a little TLC. It's an amazing shot.
I like that dash of red brick on the corner.
That place needs some TLC.
So wait... It's a functional building currently staffing people? Crazy. Also kinda cool.
Post a Comment