Monday, July 4, 2011
Arizona At Last ~ Day 3 ~ Arizona Road Trip
Just over the border from New Mexico. I got off I-10 in Lordsburg, New Mexico, and traveled U.S. 70 through Western New Mexico and Eastern Arizona. I figured the trip would be more fun than just driving down the interest the rest of the way into Phoenix. In some aspects I was right; in others, wrong. The roads in Arizona are very superior to those in New Mexico, although the speed limits were not as generous.
The first town I encountered was Duncan, a quaint little town in a sweet little agricultural valley. I don't believe this was a "real" store but some sort of tourist operation, but it was early in the morning and wasn't open for business upon my arrival.
The scenery is looking more and more like Arizona. We're entering Apache land, home of Geronimo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
beautiful and stark landscape.
I really like the landscape. If only the temperature didn't get so hot!
I've never been to Duncan. What a cute building. Maybe I need to head to that part of the state.
You are right... it looks like Arizona!
Yup...Arizona it is!
I was away all weekend so I'm just now catching up on your road trip. You've captured some great sights along the way. Deming brought back memories. I remember when Mom & Dad came very close to buying some land in Deming that a developer was advertising all over the U.S. Fortunately, they decided to drive out and have a look in person before the put down the cash. There wasn't much there, including no roads, no power, and no water or sewer lines. I love that you are taking some interesting roads on this trip.
The tourist operation is pretty cool looking. At least it is good for photos.
Post a Comment