Thursday, July 7, 2011

But It's a Dry Heat!


It's been so hot here even the yard sales have moved indoors!  There have been two days of 118 in the past week so needless to say I haven't ventured out to take too many photos.  However, on Saturday I visited my favorite farmers market, and I apologize for being so tacky but of the few photos I took there, the following was my absolute favorite!  I thought it contained great composition and colors!  Don't you?
Oh, by the way, the fellow in the background on the right with the hat is my favorite tomato vendor.  He has a farm in Casa Grande and grows artichokes and tomatoes and eggplant.  He was No. 5 of my 100 Strangers Project (found on my "other" blog) and actually remembered me and remarked that when he looked at my picture of him he remembered why his wife married him many years ago!  I thought that was a nice compliment.  And, yes, I need to get back to the 100 Strangers Project.  It's a great way to improve your portraiture skills and meet new people at the same time.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Love the comment by the vendor. Sounds like a fun guy. Great colors and composition!

TexWisGirl said...

i do like the photo. just real life people.

and i adore your vendor friend! what a great sense of humor!

Anonymous said...

An indoor yard sale features artificial turf?

Sharon said...

It is very hard to get out in this heat to take photos. I keep thinking I'll try this weekend but we'll see if I actually make it.

Magpie said...

Yes, there is a lot going on in this photo. Colorful! I can see where an indoor yard sale would have lots of advantages.

Randy said...

You brave woman you, out in that heat. I don't think I could do it anymore. I love the trees in the cans.