Hi Kathy - great to have you aboard ABC Wednesday - I loved the blueness of this plant - would look lovely amongst lavender and pinks? Hmmm must investigate. You asked what a Rayburn is? It is a stove and a boiler - it will power the radiators as well as cook the food. If you google Rayburn or read my previous posts you will see the lovely thing it is. Ours is Aqua! Dxx Denise ABC Team
I love Agapanthus, though it's considered a weed in the Antipodes. We have three different ones in our garden and I was going to choose one for ABC Wednesday. I'm glad I didn't - your photo is gorgeous:-)
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
30 comments:
yay. welcome.
i read you're having a terrible drought; is that pic recent?
ROG, ABC Wednesday team
A very beautiful photo. I have them in my yard and have always called them my their other name...Lily of the Nile.
They look more like "star" of the Nile :) Lovely
Pheno Menon, ABC Wednesday team
Beautiful shot and welcome to the crazy world of blogging on ABC Wednesday.
Stunning!
A is for Appreciation, your visit will be so much appreciated, thanks!
Alluring and beautiful!
Please come see my Abstract post.
Beautiful shots of a beautiful flower.
I have heard the name and now I have seen this beautiful flower. I doubt they would grow here.
It's always been a favourite of mine, but sadly too tender for the Danish climate, so I admire it from afar...
Gorgeous colour and a stunning shot.
Amazing colour and apt subject for your first ABC - look forward to more
Hi Kathy - great to have you aboard ABC Wednesday - I loved the blueness of this plant - would look lovely amongst lavender and pinks? Hmmm must investigate. You asked what a Rayburn is? It is a stove and a boiler - it will power the radiators as well as cook the food. If you google Rayburn or read my previous posts you will see the lovely thing it is. Ours is Aqua! Dxx
Denise
ABC Team
I never knew what there were until just recently! There are some growing in pots near my home.
wow, that's pretty!
What a beautiful flower and an excellent close-up photo.
gorgeous flower
Love these. We have them in our garden as well.
Beautiful color!
http://fredamans.blogspot.com/2011/07/abc-wednesday-is-for-abstract.html
Agapanthus...sounds like the name of a goddess.
Jane x
This photo is just gorgeous. It pops right off the screen.
such bright blue flowers
I wish I could grow Agapanthus. I've herd there's one variety that will survive here...but I have not actually seen it. :) Love the blue!
I love the blue of this flower! Have fun with your ABC's. :)
Who knew such an 'odd' name led to such a bright blue flower!
Beautiful photo. I used A is for Agapanthus too!
Welcome to the meme. That's some blue you caught there.
this is a stunning shot...love it! very pretty! thanks for dropping by!
I love Agapanthus, though it's considered a weed in the Antipodes. We have three different ones in our garden and I was going to choose one for ABC Wednesday. I'm glad I didn't - your photo is gorgeous:-)
Gorgeous!
Oh, this is lovely!
Post a Comment