And now for Azaleas! I know you all are tired of dogwoods so I'm putting the dogwoods to rest (until I find a pink one, of course!) and turning my attention to azaleas. East Texas, as well as most of the Southern states, is known for beautiful azaleas, and where I live is no exception. Nacogdoches is in the midst of azalea season and the annual Azalea Trail is in full swing. The Ruby Mize Azalea garden is at its finest (you can see it on my FKH Photo Journal Blog on the March 24th post) and throughout the city on the 28-mile-long Azalea Trail, a driving tour throughout the city (And, no, Tracy, it's not 28 miles of constant azaleas! There is actually some space between houses and neighborhoods, and not everyone plants azaleas ~ although I'm not sure why they don't because they are so beautiful and grow so easily here).
The following pictures are from the city's historic area.
Hardeman House, a Nacogdoches landmark built in 1892, is currently a popular bed and breakfast.
If you love azaleas and would like to see a few more pictures, you can find some on my FKH Photo Journal.



8 comments:
Wow, gorgeous photos! Such thick bunches of blooms.
FYI, the new Hillstone is across the street from the old Houston's where the Chevy's restaurant used to be. they completely tore down the old Chevy's and built a whole new building.
What an amazing place. The homes and the gardens are wonderful.
These are so beautiful! I don't want to stop looking at them.
I want that yellow house!!! I could sit on the porch and take pictures all day. :) In the last photo, is that a Lady Banks rose? Love the fence in the last photo also...heck I just love everything about them all.
Did you see the picture of the historic Phoenix house on my post of March 26th? Is that the one you like?
Oh wow! I love azaleas and these places are just surrounded with them. Beautiful shots!
Magpie, you may have to fight me for it! That yellow house is ah-MAY-zing! The flowers are beautiful!
Wow, I won something! Maybe I should go out and buy a lottery ticket? My thanks to the "panel" of judges.
Beautiful azaleas, by the way!
Sigh....we are STILL stuck in winter with a 'wintry mix' today.
Post a Comment