Friday, July 9, 2010
Washing Fence 351/365
The work around a farm is never done. My mom has reached an age where she has trouble keeping up with general maintenance and I provided a helping hand to accomplish a few chores. One that was sorely needed was the washing of the fence. It shouldn't have taken me three days to do it, but with the temperature and the humidity, about two and a half hours in the early morning was all I could tolerate. In this type of climate outdoor chores such as this should be scheduled for the spring or fall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I can't imagine. It must have been horrible. But I'm sure your Mom appreciated it. How is she?
Nothing like a little soap, water and elbow grease to bring in the shine!
Oh, you were such a good daughter! The fence looks much, much nicer where you've washed it.
Ahhh...this is Tom Sawyer work for sure.
My mind went with Sharon's. Wasn't there someone there to convince that you were having so much fun they needed to take over the job? Looks like work indeed. You're wonderful to do it for her.
Post a Comment