Sunday, July 18, 2010

Foggy Morning 360/365


There was lots of fog in the Piney Woods of East Texas this morning.  Probably due to the heavy rainfall of yesterday and then the warm temperatures.  The humidity in this part of the world is stifling.  I'll be glad to get back to Phoenix and our temps of 115 and humidity of 13 percent!  Here it's 99 degrees and 99 percent humidity.  I don't understand why I haven't lost at least 20 pounds.  Perhaps it's because of all the brown crowder peas and cornbread I've been eating?    I doubt anyone who reads this blog knows what crowder peas are (with perhaps the exception of Glenda!).  You think so?

Five days to go!

6 comments:

Tes said...

Wow, inspiring take on the 360-day challenge. I hope to be able to do so someday. Love the perspective of the blooms, as it floats away from a thick fog... lovely! :)

Sharon said...

I love the photo! I'm one who doesn't know what a crowder pea is. You'll have to educate us.

Magpie said...

I'm lost on the crowder peas also, but would love to be lost in your Piney Woods on a morning like the one shown in your photo. Gorgeous!

Sharon said...

Kathy...in regards to your comment on my site. That house is located on the Paradise Valley/Phoenix border in a neighborhood of million dollar plus homes. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Mari said...

It's been so hot and humid here too! Today felt like a steam bath outside. I do love the misty mornings though. You got a great shot!

Marilyn Jones said...

I thought Mobile,Al, was the grand kingdom of humidity. We've been having heat indices of 115 here. This ol' country gal has eaten a boat load of crowder peas! LOVE 'EM!