The Navajo Code Talkers Memorial is dedicated to the Navajo who served in World War II in recognition of their service and the unbreakable code they developed. It is the only unbroken code in modern military history.
The memorial faces the Arizona State Capitol and was dedicated in 2008.
Little is known about the individual Code Talkers as they were not publicity-seekers and simply returned home from the war and blended into their culture and society.
For two more views of the memorial statue and more information on the Code Talkers, CLICK HERE.
.
Today's News: I have decided to discontinue Today's News and Today in History. It is very time-consuming and I don't believe anyone is really interested. I may occasionally post a trivia fact, for example: Juvenile eels are called elvers.

3 comments:
Great picture and I love the size! I also like the write up you did of the code talkers. Very cool.
What a neat statue! What an incredible thing they did.
I love the composition on this!
Post a Comment