Monday, January 11, 2010

Curiouser & Curiouser 172/365

There is a funny, funky little shop that is sure to put a smile on anyone's face who traverses its doors. It's called Curiouser & Curiouser and for those of you who live in Phoenix it's at 7th Avenue and Missouri just south of Mary Coyle's ice cream parlor. I had been meaning to stop by for many months before I finally pulled in the driveway. I knew it would be full of wonderful, eclectic stuff, but I was definitely overwhelmed by the shear numbers of items that are displayed. At first it sort of takes your breath away and then you get down to the real business of checking it all out. To see some more Curiouser photos please CLICK HERE.

Today's News: Simon Cowell confirms that he will leave American Idol at the end of this season, which starts tomorrow (Tuesday) night.

Today in History: 1878 - Milk is first delivered in bottles. (I wonder if we can find out when it was last delivered in bottles!)

The One that Got Away: A young man dressed in a Statue of Liberty costume complete with a crown of thorns, one hand waving an American flag, the other holding a cigarette. (If I hadn't been running late, in the wrong lane, and in the middle of rush-hour traffic I would have tried to change lanes, gone around the block, and pulled into a parking area to take this guy's pic. I should go back tomorrow and see if he's got the same gig. It was such a madhouse at that particular spot, I couldn't even see what kind of a business he was hawking.)

2 comments:

My Vagabond Heart said...

What fun! I love places like that.

Mari said...

I bet you could spend hours in that place. It looks fun!