Tuesday, April 7, 2015

More Texas Wildflowers


Evening Primrose grows in clumps along the roads.  
This shot was taken near High Hill in Fayette County.


Indian paintbrush and purple spiderwort in Goliad.


Indian paintbrush and bluebonnets near Cuero in DeWitt County.


Tall giant bluebonnets show off their stuff with what I presume is scarlet penstemon in Yoakum.


An old fishing pier next to the cemetery in Dubina.

I have another short wildflower trip coming up this weekend in an area south of Dallas that is known to have fields of bluebonnets.

14 comments:

MadSnapper n Beau said...

A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. the colors are magnificent.

Sharon said...

There are quite a lot of primrose in the wildflower garden at DBG this year but there are a few Indian paintbrush and mountain laurel thrown in for more color. These photos are gorgeous.

TexWisGirl said...

just perfect shots to showcase the texas wildflower beauty!

Judy said...

Wow! What a lovely sight that is!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Texas wildflowers are so beautiful! I have always loved seeing the bluebonnets and paintbrush together. The colors are fabulous!

EG CameraGirl said...

I had some of those pink evening primroses for two or three seasons and then they disappeared, maybe after a bad winter. And I've always loved the Texas Bluebonnets! It's truly beautiful there right now!

Kate said...

Wonderful photos full of color! The names for the blossoms are as farming as the flowers! If these were mine, I would be tempted to duplicate ten and make cards of them.

Kate said...

should be "charming as the flowers. . ."

Mersad said...

Amazingly beautiful wildflowers Kathy. Love all of these shots.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Randy said...

Lucky you.

Paula said...

Very pretty.

Suburban Girl said...

I don't think I could get enough of these!

A Colorful World said...

Just stunning!

Unknown said...

Simply stunning! Thanks for sharing the lovely flower power! XO XO Lara