Sunday, April 5, 2015
Signs of the Past in Ammannsville
After a long road trip I've returned and of course now I have the challenging and time-consuming task of organizing and editing photos. The work (which finances these excursions) always piles up and is awaiting my return so first things first. I decided to start with a simple shot of an old house in Ammannsville, deep in the heart of Czech country in the hills of Central Texas. After traveling through this area one can understand why settlers from Czechoslovakia, Germany, Bavaria, Moravia and other European countries came to this land of open blue skies and rich black dirt to make a new home, bringing with them their traditions and culture, their food, their architecture and their hard-work ethic. I hope to show you examples of those traits in the next few weeks as I invite you to join me in revisiting my travels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
that's a great opener. :)
The little house looks lonely all boarded up. I wonder how many children were raised inside those walls.
Looking forward to more!
Like it, looking forward to your photos.
I'm looking forward to the adventure!
I'm with Sharon. Nice shot.
Gorgeous!
I look forward to seeing more!
Glad you got out "rambling" again...Lovely shot, Kathy!
Post a Comment