Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Skinny Dipping


Spring burst forth here in East Texas a couple days ago.  The redbud trees finally put on their show and as of yesterday the crabapple tree my mother planted years ago had a slight pink halo around it.  On a quick trip to town I saw these cows skinny dipping in a stock pond.  It was warm enough to turn on the AC in the house (the day before the heater was still running).  I love that little calf with his nose in the air just breathing in the smells of spring.  The horse, as horses usually are, was oblivious to the others who were cooling their heels wading in the pond.

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

too cute! yes, this weekend i thought we went straight from texas winter to summer. but now we're back into rainy days, here.

Randy said...

That little one has something to say.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

my kind of skinny dippers... so sweet and we had the same thing, heat one day and AC next.. we are doing ok. we don't need the AC except at 4 pm until bedtime and turn it off. the house stays good with the windows open until late afternoon sun. we are in the mid 80's

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I'm enjoying the little fits and starts of spring..hoping for just a few more nice days before it turns on the summer oven and there is no going back!

Birdman said...

Ya, and they drink it too... and do other stuff in it. Yuk!

Sharon said...

It must feel good to "cool their heels" like that. That calf is so cute.

Judy said...

All that new green grass must be keeping them all happy. I always enjoy seeing a contented cow.

Amy Burzese said...

Love the baby too. It was the first thing I saw in the photo. We're getting some signs of spring too. Actually, it has been too hot!!!

Kate said...

Thank you for a lighthearted laugh...your title amused me.

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh, the cows look very happy with the weather!

A Colorful World said...

Wonderful shot! I always love seeing the redbuds and dogwoods in spring...two of my favorite flowering trees! Alas, not here. :-)