A few days ago I announced that my friend Linda Llama, the star of my Adventures of Linda Llama series, was going to be getting a new companion. Well, jeepers creepers, not only did she get one, she got three! May I take this opportunity to introduce you to Dolly Llama (not to be confused with the guy who wears the orange robe) and her baby daughter Molly! Dolly and Molly are staying in a separate corral for the next few days with a friendly horse, who is also new to the Powers That Be. They will be transported in a few days to another area of the farm after they've had a chance to get used to their new surroundings. I understand that the third new addition is presently residing in the goat pen down at the barn. I have not yet had the opportunity to meet him, although I have chosen a name for him already but I'll have to wait to make sure his name fits his personality. I think it will be the best name of the new llama family. So here we go, folks! Drum roll!

When I went up to introduce these gals to the neighborhood, Molly called out to Dolly: Hey, ma, we got a visitor.
DOLLY: I don't know about her,. Molly. Remember what I've told you a dozen times. Don't talk to strangers. We don't know these people here and who knows what their intentions are.
DOLLY: You stay here, Molly, and I'll go check her out. She's got two black boxes that she holds up to her face and they make clicking noises.
DOLLY: This person is a sneaky so-and-so. She's come up behind us, Molly, on the other side of the fence. I don't know about her. If she gets any closer, I'm going to spit on her!
MOLLY: (to me) My ma hasn't taught me how to spit yet. I can't wait till I can do that.
MOLLY: I think she's harmless, ma. Isn't it about time for lunch? I'm getting hungry.
DOLLY: Come on, Molly. Let's go over here where we can have some privacy. Let's put a couple more fences between us and that sneaky lady. We'll have to talk with the Powers That Be to find out if she's okay to talk to.
16 comments:
They are so much fun to watch.
Love your dialogue and pics. Fun!
I am still giggling at Dolly Lama! hahaha.
They've made there presence felt all over these parts these days too.
So cute. Love the dialogue.
Great photos! I love the single of Molly, The Potential Spitter!
Cheers,
Jo, Stella and Zkhat
Mother and daughter appear to be doing well in their new environment. Great shots of these two newcomers. Can't wait to see the fellow you haven't met yet.
To answer your question on my site, yes it is the same camera the Julie and Dave bought last summer. I liked it so much I went out and got one for me. Lately, I've been doing a lot of practice shots to see how it reacts to different situations. I'm getting the hang of it.
I LOVE THEM!!! my favorite shot is Molly and dolly behind the fence. wish i were there to meet them.. can't wait to hear the name of the new one.
dolly is lovely, but that little molly is adorable! i can't wait to meet the third!
I enjoyed that episode of Linda Lama. I hope they all will be happy together. I love the names you have given them, (and the neighbors), and can't wait to meet the new guy in town and find out what his name is.
That put a smile on my face this morning, which I desperately needed.
Delightful post!! Yes they do spit.
Fun pictures.
Beautiful photo series showing - llamas are so funny.
Wish you a good Sunday :)
Hanne Bente
hehe, that's a lovely conversation, buty they really look so cute. I've seen llama only once in my life yet!
Beautiful animals!
They are beautiful! I have one llama, and I'm going to try to get another one this spring.
Oh Kathy this is a funny photo series with your comments. They are really supervising you. And how interesting to hear from them you use two cameras....
Looking forward to see the boy and to know his name!
Liebe Grüße,
Pia
Post a Comment