Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Creepy Crawly


My phobia about lizards is getting better.  I don't scream and run away when I see them (I never screamed but I frequently ran away) but I still don't want to hold one.  For some strange reason, the smaller they are, the more creeped-out I get.  So I was pretty proud of myself for hanging around long enough to take a photo of this little guy.  I was exploring in my cousin's back yard recently taking pictures of fall foliage and dried plants.  I was concentrating on a dying hydrangea bush when I saw a tiny bit of movement.  My eyes are not the best and at first I thought it was just a bug but as I focused more I saw this little tiny lizard trying to be invisible.  I hadn't really intended to do anything with this photo but early this morning I saw a picture of another itty-bitty lizard on the Mad Snapper's blog so I wrote her and told her she had inspired me to publish my photo of this big old mean lizard.  So, Sandra, here it is!  (Okay, so yours is cuter than mine.  So what!)

13 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Lizards are rare here in Ontario (OK, probably non-existant) so I have no idea what I would do if I saw one. Oh wait! I'd probably faint - and I NEVER faint. :)

TexWisGirl said...

oh, he's adorable! i loved yours and sandras! :)

Paula said...

Cute one, I love them. My phobia is scorpians.

Beth said...

That was quite a find. I have never seen a lizard in person and I think I don' want to. LOL

Randy said...

Excellent close up.

Jo's World said...

Its a very good picture of an icky little dragon. Me no like either!

Cheers,
Jo

Sharon said...

Oh, he's very cute!
You probably wouldn't have enjoyed the experience I had not long ago when I took my traveling purse out of storage to use it and I reached inside one of the pockets and pulled out a lizard who was napping there. I don't mind them but it is rather disheartening when you grab one and you don't know it.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

she is a distant cousin to mine, a brown anole and adorable. mine was on a bright red flower, that is the only difference. great shot and i am proud of you for not screaming....I am the opposite, i will not pick up the 3 to 7 inch ones, but the tiny ones i do pick up to save them from the pool.

Kate said...

Kathy, I agree that your photo is so MUCH cuter than Mad Snapper's but don't tell her.

Judy said...

That's a cute one! I like the ridge down his back. I'm glad you stuck around long enough to capture this shot.

A Colorful World said...

He's a very nice lizard! My grandson adores them...there was one that got into my water feature and couldn't get out, and so drowned (I have since added a rock for climbing out) and our grandson buried him, dug him up, and buried him again while he was visiting. :-)

Beyond the Dog Dish said...

YUP I too have a lizard, ok and fish ok and small furry animal fear! ;)

Pia said...

He is super cute and you have been so brave. Good job Kathy!